The old charity scam

Prospect: "Can you tell me a little bit more about these 8100's?"
Me: "Such as?"
Prospect: "Well, are they in good condition? Are they as good as new?"
Me: "Well they're refurbs? They're not new and that's reflected in the price. If they was new they would be far more expensive."
Prospect: "What I mean is, do they have any scratches or marks?"
Me: "Well they have been used, but they usually sit under a desk anyway. They may have the odd scuff mark."
Prospect: "Is that price including everything?"
Me: what do you mean by everything?"
Prospect: "VAT, Delivery."
Me: "Umm? It does say on the email all prices exclude vat and delivery?"
Prospect: "I can collect."
Me: "Unfortunately the delivery price is from the supplier so it makes no odds if you collect or not."
Prospect: "Well they're for a charity............"

Here we go

Let me decipher that for you;
"I cant afford  a brand new i5 machine but I saw your email and thought phwoar that's cheap but then saw there was VAT and delivery and thought, I know I'll try the old charity ploy and see if I can get more knocked off because I never accept that the price stated is the price I have to pay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give me your supplier.

Move on.