Unbelievable.

Prospect: "Hi, you've given us several quotes and we will possibly be going with you in the future but we have a problem in that we are being attacked and someone is trying to hack our system."
Me: "Oooookay"
Prospect: "I need some help, we can pay by the way. The thing is our anti-virus picked up the port scan and our firewall is blocking it but it's a crappy firewall I need to speak with someone now."
Me: "Um? Antivirus does not detect port scans? However, lets get hold of xyz to speak with you and we'll worry about payments in a bit"
Prospect: "Can I just say I'm not paying anything unless you can demonstrate the advice will work."


  1. So you're not a customer.
  2. You're not going to move forward on the quotes we've given you for a fair bit.
  3. You want free help/advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give me your supplier.

Mind reader